What made Italian News Clicks possible
- A solid experience as teachers of Italian abroad
- A deep knowledge of today’s Italy.
- The lack of updated, authentic and selected information about Italy to use in the classroom.
- The availability of modern technology
What makes Italian News Click unique
- It is the first and only annotated collection of newspaper articles designed for pedagogical purposes.
- It is available free of charge or registration to anyone worldwide, student, teacher and Italophile alike.
- It includes a rich archive of over 700 selected articles on a variety of topics covering more than ten years of Italian events.
- Its editorial board is committed to promote an authentic image of a modern, multiethnic and culturally multifaceted country, to contrast the stereotypes of Italy prevailing abroad.
The following are the basic criteria that informed our selection of articles:
- Articles principally from the major national online newspapers and magazines, i.e., Corriere.it, Repubblica.it, Il Sole 24 Ore.it, La Stampa.it, L’Espresso
- Current news with long lasting impact.
- Articles that report on social and cultural life in Italy but with a grin and a soft irony towards the Italian lifestyle.
- Articles on how the Italian language is changing.
- Even with sacred topics like food we favor those with a less stereotypical perspective.
- Because we address an international audience we like to select articles capable of soliciting a cultural comparison.
- Articles that underscore Italian excellence and cutting edge in technology, science and environmental protection.